How do I narrow my search criteria?
You can improve your search results by providing more details in your search criteria.
Use an asterisk (*) as a wildcard character in your search.?
- Your search must include other characters, depending on where you place the asterisk
- Place at least two characters before the asterisk.
A search for *Micro8?
Finds instances of the words Micro800, Micro810, Micro820, Micro830, and Micro850
- Place at least two characters after the asterisk.
A search for *5800
Fnds instances of SoftLogix 5800
- Place at least three characters in between two asterisks.
A search for *train*
Finds instances of RSTrainer and training
Use double quotation marks?(“ “) around a speci?c phrase you want to ?nd.
A search for “layer 2 switch”
Displays search results that contain the exact phrase layer 2 switch
Place a minus sign??(-) before a word if you do not want your search results to contain that word.
- The minus sign must appear immediately before the word and be preceded with a space.
- If the minus sign is not preceded with a space, the search results interpret the minus sign as a hyphen.
A search for Kinetix Safe Torque-off
Interprets the minus sign as a hyphen that connects torque and off
A search for “Kinetix Safe Torque-off” -software
Looks for the phrase Kinetix Safe Torque-off?and excludes any results that include the word software.
- You can exclude multiple words by using the space and minus sign as many times as necessary.
A search for “Kinetix Safe Torque-off” -software -NEMA
Looks for the phrase Kinetix Safe Torque-off and excludes any results that include the words software and NEMA
- You must have a keyword before you use the minus sign.
A search for -software
Is invalid and does not return any results